Easy to make and a great source of energy for that hectic work schedule or just on the go.
Today we decided to use the Limitless Empower Natural Protein Blend for this recipe because it not only tastes AMAZING as a shake but is also thickened with coconut cream powder; adding to the overall flavour of the bars.
Time to get down to business, 5 ingredients, 5 simple steps..maybe not 5 minutes (unless you choose to make them in a cool room? - no thanks!)
2 1/2 cups (112g) unsweetened coconut flakes
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/2 cup (38g) Limitless Empower Natural Protein Blend, Vanilla Ice-Cream flavour
1/4 cup (60ml) water
1/2 cup (60g) dark chocolate chips
1. Place coconut flakes in a blender and blend until it forms a small and sticky like texture. Then add the oil, protein powder and water (1-2 tbsp at a time - remember if you add too much, you can’t take it back out!) to form a sticky dough.
2. Grab small amounts of mixture and shape with your hands (wet hands to stop the dough sticking), into either a slice pan, small bite size balls or if you’re feeling a little more creative..BARS, as the name suggests - this also makes for easier chocolate “drizzling" later.
3. Place the bars on lined parchment cookie paper (baking paper, as us Kiwi’s call it) and whack in the fridge for approximately 5-10 minutes to set.
4. Here’s the fun part, time to melt the chocolate!! And yes, you can lick the spoon. Place the chocolate chips into a small bowl and place over a saucepan of steaming water with 1/2 tsp of coconut oil (I find this helps with the “drizzling” part later, as it tends to thin the chocolate). Once melted, drizzle over the chilled protein bars. If you opted for the “Slice” version, pour over the chilled mix in the slice pan.
5. Pop back in the fridge to set completely - keep refrigerated.